FAQEntry ID: 98
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents…
- Are catalog items in stock?
- What is the standard lead time for delivery?
- How fast can I get a quote?
- What kinds of wood are available?
- What are the characteristics of Oak & Maple?
- What finishes are available?
- Can I get custom fixtures made specifically for my merchandising needs?
- How are fixtures shipped?
- Aren’t freight charges expensive from Oregon?
- Does NEWOOD have manufacturer’s representatives?
- What payment terms are available?
- Does NEWOOD have a showroom?
- Does NEWOOD exhibit at any trade shows?
- What is your return policy?
1. Are catalog items in stock?
Parts for many catalog items are stocked, however, due to the large choice of sizes and finishes, most are made-to-order.
2. What is the standard lead time for delivery?
Standard lead time for shipment is 3-4 weeks from the date the order is placed. Transit time varies depending on destination. Custom fixtures and new designs may take longer.
3. How fast can I get a quote?
Quotes can vary greatly anywhere from an hour to a week or more. It depends on how complex the project is. Will there be custom materials such as aged barnwood, patina copper or imported laminate? Depending on the quantity, material choice and feature options, preparing a quote can be very simple or complex. The more details you have worked out before you submit an RFQ, the easier and faster it will be for us to price out your project.
4. What kinds of wood are available?
Standard catalog fixtures are available in Oak and Maple, some fixtures are also available in wood-grained Melamine. Fixture uprights are solid wood. Shelves and panels are Oak and Maple veneered plywood. Other types of wood are available for custom fixtures.
5. What are the characteristics of Oak and Maple?
Oak, a hardwood, is very strong and hard. Prominent and distinctive grain. Reddish-brown color. Clear lacquer or stained finish recommended.
Maple, a dense hardwood, is very strong and hard. grain is usually subtle. Blonde to light reddish-brown. Clear lacquer finish recommended. Does not stain well.
6. What finishes are available? See our finishes page
7. Can I get custom fixtures made specifically for my merchandising needs?
NEWOOD will help you design fixtures to fit your specific merchandising needs. Many of our catalog items can be customized or completely new designs can be developed. Cash Wraps, Vendor Concept Shops, Show Booths and Specialty Fixtures are available from our Custom Shop. We also make wood Point of Purchase Displays and Visual Merchandising props.
8. How are the fixtures shipped?
With few exceptions, standard catalog fixtures are designed to be shipped knocked down (KD) via truck, UPS or ship (international). Truck shipments from Oregon to the east coast take 7-10 working days, to the mid-west 5 days, to the mountain states 4 days and to the west coast 3 days. Shipping KD reduces freight charges, minimizes freight damage and takes less warehouse space. Carpenters or a contractor are not necessary for installation. Most fixtures can be handled and assembled by one or two people.
9. Aren’t freight charges expensive from Oregon?
NEWOOD has excellent freight discounts with all major shipping companies which we pass through to our customers. Almost all fixtures are shipped knocked down (KD) to reduce freight charges. Freight charges are based on the type of fixture, quantity, weight and the distance traveled. Prepaid, collect and 3rd party billing. Call 800-233-9663 for freight quote.
10. Does NEWOOD have manufacturer’s representatives?
NEWOOD has no exclusive manufacturer’s representation in the United States. Most of our customers buy direct.
11. What payment terms are available?
Mastercard/Visa or Check in Advance for most first time buyers. We also work with several Finance Companies.
12. Does NEWOOD have a showroom?
No, NEWOOD does not have a showroom. However, if you would like to see installations of NEWOOD’s fixtures, please call and we will give you the nearest location where our fixtures are being used.
13. Does NEWOOD exhibit at any trade shows?
NEWOOD regularly exhibits at Globalshop, but see our show schedule page for current shows we exhibit at.
14. What is your return policy?
We will not accept return of custom designed or stained fixtures. Stock catalog fixtures will not be accepted without prior authorization and must be returned undamaged and in good condition within 30 days of date on delivery slip. Freight must be prepaid. Returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee.